- Posted by Audio Express
- On August 6, 2018
- 0 Comments
Prepare your car for a modern audio experience by adding a receiver with digital media capability. Some drivers prefer to have a CD drive in their ride so they can play their old favorites, but it’s important to add more connectivity options to complete your audio setup. Bring your smartphone into the mix to diversify your automotive audio options. With digital media receivers, you can play music from a variety of sources.
Digital multimedia receivers offer connectivity options like USB ports, dedicated iPod connections, SD card slots, and auxiliary inputs. Connect wirelessly using Bluetooth, and you can keep your phone in your pocket where it belongs. Many of these digital media receivers also offer connectivity for satellite radio. It’s even possible to get multimedia receivers that retain CD/DVD capability as well as connections for all the newest technology.
Why Upgrade Receiver
Thanks to the music streaming capabilities in smartphones, it’s important to have connectivity for Bluetooth, USB, and auxiliary options in your car. Modern audio head units give you all types of options, so you never have to settle for anything other than your ideal audio experience. Bring your connectivity options into the 21st century so your copilot can play their favorite new song on your next commute.
Digital receivers can offer other significant boosts to your technology. Since these systems are newer, so they include all the useful new tech your old receiver doesn’t have. Consider digital media receivers with good smartphone connectivity, satellite radio in addition to local radio, and GPS capabilities. Some multimedia head units offer drivers a variety of apps to provide information and entertainment on the go.
Best Digital Media Receiver
Technological advancements have yielded a bunch of great digital receiver options from the best brands in car audio. Consider which features are the most important to you, and it will be easier to pick your ideal digital head unit. One of the best things about these receivers is all the options they give you, especially when it comes to connecting your smartphone. Ultimately, how you plan to use your receiver will determine which one is best for you. Here are some of the top options to consider:
- Jensen VX7021 Navigation Receiver
- At only $349.99, this great deal has become one of our most popular options. It still includes a CD player just in case you’re hanging onto the musical past, but it also offers all the great features people love in digital media head units. It offers Bluetooth connectivity, and can even be linked to the steering wheel.
- Take advantage of a variety of different media sources beyond the included CD player: video input, AUX input, USB, AM/FM tuner, and SiriusXM Satellite radio. The 6.2-inch screen provides a high-resolution video display. This touchscreen can display navigation information, so you don’t have to rely on your phone anymore.
- Kenwood DNX995S AV Navigation System
- Kenwood is the brand you know and trust when it comes to audio equipment for your car, and they’ve outdone themselves with this digital head unit. For those who are willing to spend a little bit more to upgrade their vehicle, this is one of the best units available. At $1,299.99, this unit offers all the best infotainment in a stylish and easy-to-use design.
- The 6.75 high-definition display is as vivid and clear as most televisions, and the touchscreen navigation makes it easy to use all of the features. It offers connectivity for two different phones and works with Apple CarPlay in addition to Android Auto. You can even use it to connect to apps like Waze, YouTube, Pandora, and Spotify.
- This model only uses parts of the very best quality, and the effort pays off when it comes to sound quality. It sets a new standard for Hi-Res Audio, and music enthusiasts will love the clear listening. To see all the other great features like camera inputs, come to check this unit out in person.
- Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX
- This option gives drivers lots of ways to connect their smartphone and head unit. Connect with a USB cord and Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. It also includes Bluetooth capability, steering wheel connectivity, and an AUX input along with satellite radio, local and HD radio, and CD capabilities. The massive seven-inch touchscreen makes it easy to get the most out of your phone and music while you’re on the go.
- The large screen comes in handy when you’re watching videos DVDs or using other infotainment features. Use it for hands-free calling, navigation, and just about anything else you can think of. This unit is a great deal at $699.99.
Best Car Receiver Options Near Me
Audio Express is proud to carry all the best brands and offer the most competitive prices available. We are the home of the lowest guaranteed installed price. Talk to our expert technicians about which digital media car receiver is the best for you. We’ll set you up with a product from one of the most reliable brands in the industry, then make sure we get it installed right. Find a store near you to upgrade your outdated car receiver unit today.
Image Provided By: ra3rn/Shutterstock